Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Devotion

Devotion

Finally got a chance to write in my blog again!
Not sure whether it is just me, time seems to go faster as you age. I'm turning 30 this year, still 3 months more to go before i say goodbye to my 20s. I felt that it's good for me to recap and take stock of the blessings that God has given to me thus far.

I came to know the Lord in 2001 Aug, 10 at the age of 21. It has been more than 8 years since i first walked with him. I was very blessed to have good leaders around my life. One of which is none other than Andrew Wong. He's really one of the key reasons that aspire me to lead cgs till this day. I will always remember one of his message which talks about the 3 Ses which represent the 3 kinds to people, Survial, Successful and Significant. In short, we should all aimed to be people of significance. Not just living for ourselves but be a blessing wherever we go.

I have been serving more than 5 years as a cgl now. As i looked back, sometimes it's hard to believed that i've led so many cg meetings. If calculate an average of 40 weeks a year minus away big days where there's no cg. Not forgetting most of the time i'm leading 2 cgs a week. I would have led about 200-300 cell meetings! Think it is really by His grace that i'm able to do what i did. I pray that He'll continue to give me the strength to do so!

In the midst of serving him, i see my life has change for the better. I came from a dysfunctional family in the past whereby i grew up most of the time with one parent. My sisters left home very early after their 'O' levels and stayed at their friends place. I remembered staying with my uncle most of my secondary days envying my cousins who has the love of their father.

My own dad 'came' back when i was in my secondary 3-4s. It has brought temporal happiness but due to the bad habits he acquired in the past, our family once again sinked into darkness. Going to NS is probably one of the best getaway at that time from the home without love. But i realised back then running away will not solve the problem until i found God.

The bible says it very clearly. We love because He first loved us. The only reason I can start loving is that because I've experienced the love from my heavenly father.
In my first year of knowing God, i brought my sister to come to know God. That was in the midst of her broken relationship that gave an opportunity for me to bring Christ into her life. My parents also came to know God within the year. Shortly, restoration begins to take place in my home. Nowadays, we had frequent gathers with my sisters and thier family together at home. At times my dad would also cook some nice dishes for us to eat. This was something that i would never imagine years back.

God is indeed someone who is true to His words. Matt 6:33 When you seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, all these things you need shall be added to you.

I'm eternally grateful to God. I may not be perfect and make mistakes from time to time, but i will always love God wholeheartedly for what He has done for me.

Yours with revival,
Alvin

No comments: